Thursday, May 25, 2017

Mi Abuelito, Healing Process

 Losing my grandpa was something that I never envisioned happening so soon in my life. I guess that I knew it would happen at some point in  life. I guess I figured that it would happen many years in the future. So the call when we heard the news, it really messed up my new reality. I was in some sort of daydream and that I just wanted to do anything I could to make myself up from this nightmare. After dealing with my family crying and understanding that wasn't a daydream, we headed to our aunt's house, where he had lived. The kids were playing outside, too young to understand, and the adults were talking in the garage, where we had family gatherings. We all gathered together to support eachother during the rough time. Things were finally starting to look up, but I need to use the bathroom, on the way there I looked into his room that was near it. I went to go check on him. I used to be the want to stay with him and take care of him. So I went into the room and realized he wasn't there, realized that it was all too real. I stood there, and dropped to the floor. I think I really needed to have this moment by myself to understand, then I stood there crying for 20 minutes. My grandma walked in and bent down to hug me. That's when the healing started.


No comments:

Post a Comment